Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sharing love

Today E and I participated with our church family in an outreach in the community we live in. A couple of different ways were offered to serve and we chose to take fresh cut flowers to the widows and elderly at a local nursing home. Our little E is a lover of people. He enjoys talking and is not afraid to approach people. As I watch him, I learn a lot about how to love people the way Jesus did. He made sure to tell these sweet ladies to make sure they give their flowers water everyday. I could tell that these residents were craving conversation and just a hug from E, made their day. I really do need to add a trip to the local nursing home a regular trip for us. If you are looking for a place to serve in your community, why not try a nursing home, some of these elderly are so lonely and just want to visit or have someone give them a hug. We tried to bless others today and instead we were the ones who were blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment