Friday, April 27, 2012

Learning to let go

We raised our oldest kids to be independent and ready to provide for themselves when the time came to leave our home. Our oldest son, left last July to intern for a ministry in Utah. I always thought he'd be coming back home after that to work or go to graduate school. Turns out that God's plans might just be a little different than my plans. Our son is praying about the possibility of going into full-time ministry and possibly somewhere out west. Is our son capable of leaving our home for good? Yes, he is. Am I ready to have our son leave our home for good? No, honestly, I'm not. Is it partly my fault? Absolutely! I helped train our son to be an independent learner, thinker and worker and guess what? With the Lord's direction and guidance, that is exactly what he has become. He is no longer a child, he is a man. A man with purpose and direction and he knows what he wants and what he doesn't want. Now all I can do is pray for him and be available for him when he does call, write or text.

No comments:

Post a Comment