Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Joshua is 20 today


Where did the years go? I know that's a cliche that we all use and today as our son turns 20, I find myself saying that. This is his first birthday away from us. I wasn't able to make him his favorite breakfast and we weren't able to take him out for a special dinner, just him and his parents. The usual question always asked, "what are your goals for the next year?" Then we would talk about the past year and encourage him on how we saw our son growing into a man.

We had the pleasure of raising him for just a short time. Now he is making his own path, wanting his independence. I understand, I wanted my independence at his age. It doesn't make it any easier to let him go though. At the same time that he is experiencing a different adventure, I too am going through a new season of life. The time that I just have to let my son go and let him make his own path in this world.

It's time to let him know that he is loved, he is prayed for and if he needs us, we will be here, waiting to help him through whatever might come his way.


Joshua, your dad and I love you and are blessed to call you our son. We look forward with you to see what God has in store for you in the next few months. Happy Birthday, son.


No comments:

Post a Comment